Monday, October 13, 2008

Politics in America - The Jimmy Carter Peanut Statue

I unfortunately have caught the nasty virus that is going around, so I am not my usual witty self. However, in honor of the upcoming presidential election, I thought I would share another interesting peanut find -

The Jimmy Carter Peanut Statue


http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/roadside-statues5.htm
"Jimmy Carter Peanut Sculpture: Plains, Georgia
Publications International, Ltd.The Jimmy Carter Peanut Sculpture in Plains, Georgia, commemorates the former president's peanut-farming days.
Created by Dem­ocrats in Indiana for a Jimmy Carter visit during his presidential campaign in 1976, this roadside statue -- a 13-foot peanut -- pays homage to the former president's peanut-farming background and toothy grin.
Its creators subsequently gave it to the president, and it now sits only a stone's throw from his old campaign headquarters in Georgia."

No comments: