Monday, October 13, 2008

Allergy and Asthma Saga -What I Learned - Breathing is Really Important



So, this exciting saga is turning out to be way to long. My first three part blog post!! What will be next??

Things have calmed down around here. Conor can breath again, and has developed an intense and frequent relationship with his new nebulizer aka fishy face, or dragon fish (because the fish blows steam). Conor is only experiencing minor roid rage from the oral steroids, and has not yet damaged himself or anyone else when overcome by his steroidal impulses. Michael is obsessed with the fishy face nebulizer, and stares at frozen like a deer in headlights, and Nataie could care less about the whole smoking buzzing object. All she cares about is making sure her roid raging brother does not destroy anything that belongs to her.

I said in my last post that I had some deep moral to share - so here it goes - Breathing is really important! That is deep isn't it. What I really mean, is I was so excited dreaming about the possibility of getting eggs back into our diet, I forgot how important breathing really is. Right now I am so happy Conor is not hacking, wheezing, coughing and barking that I could care less if an egg can ever set foot in our house. I think what I am trying to say is that I discovered how important it is to appreciate what we do have, and not what we don't. My mother has heart failure, and has been sick in and out of the hospital for the last few weeks, thus necessitating a flurried weekend road trip. Now also being reminded of Conor's other health issues, I really appreciate how good things are when they aren't so bad. It really all is relative......but breathing is really important.
We do have an appointment in two weeks to do an egg trial before getting Conor's flu shot. So you just never know........Breathing is important, but eggs are kind of nice.

No comments: