Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You Would Think Grampoo Would Know Better


Wow, this has been one tough week. Everyone is off for spring break, I am Au Pair less, and I am trying to juggle 3 sweet young things whose main form of entertainment seems to be fighting with each other, and playing, lets annoy Mommy any time we are driving in the car. Fun!!


Anyways, Grampoo decided to come up and "help" out for a few days during the week. "Help" is of course a very relative word. I think he thinks he is helping, but I don't really know how much help it is. OK, not so much. Grampoo also does not get the whole peanut allergy thing. He should. He is allergic to penacillin, and some other drug, and has had some pretty severe reactions himself. But does he get it???? NO!


We went to McDonalds yesterday to have lunch. I stupidly let him go order the desserts....2 ice cream cones, and 2 hot fudge sundaes with no nuts. He walks over to the table with the desserts on the tray, and the two evil packets of peanuts sitting there. Thinking the counter person at McDonalds had just made a mistake and given him the peanuts, I tell him to either give the peanuts back or throw them away. My husbands father in law then sticks them in his pocket and says they are gone. When I respond that a jacket pocket does not equal gone, he kindly informs me that he is going to take them home (our home of course) and put them in his luggage so he can eat them on the airplane ride home.


After banging my head against the wall for a while, I insisted that he throw the peanuts away. I tried to explain to him why, but he just did not get it. Forget that he is also then planning to eat peanuts on an airplane, and then........Hello!!!! I said maybe someone else's grandchild who is allergic to peanuts would be sitting next to him, but got no understanding of the situation. I think I need a vacation from Grampoo......


OK, I am off to go and search Grampoo's luggage and jacket for any further contraband........

Who knows what I might find. I hope I find some money....

2 comments:

Susan Wiessman said...

One word - GRANDPARENTS!

Oh the stories I won't tell...

Jennifer said...

Susan,

lol, Grandparents....Cant live with them, but must accept you are related to them....