Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beware Peanut Allergic - Unusual Peanut Foods

After my disturbing discovery of peanut flour, I began to wonder what other sorts of things out there are made from peanuts that I just never knew about. Apparently there are quite a few, and below are two of the most exciting.

Peanut Butter Slices



Is it that yucky processed cheese in a funky brown color. Of course not, it is peanut butter is slice form. Peanut butter in slice form, what will they think up next. I guess I prefer it wrapped up then dripping all over the place out of a jar, but YUCK!!! A company called P.B. Slices now sells peanut butter wrapped up in the same little plastic packets that processed cheese comes in. I wonder what gave the company the great idea to wrap slices of peanut butter in cellophane wrap. And I thought I had too much time on my hands.

Peanut Milk


Yes, just when you thought you had heard of everything, along comes that great milk alternative - peanut milk. Since I too needed to know more about this truly scary substance, I turned to the Internet for research and discovered that Wikipedia had already heard of it.

According to Wikipedia,


"Peanut milk is a non-dairy beverage created using peanuts, water and an additional sweetener. It does not contain any lactose and is therefore suitable for people with lactose intolerance.
Peanut milk is similar to soy milk and rice milk in its production: the substance is ground, soaked, (sometimes heated) and then filtered through a fine filter -- the resulting liquid is considered the "milk".
One commercial brand which originated in San Francisco in 1999 received national attention in 2002, after a local news story reported supposed health benefits.
The manufacturing process involves splitting the peanut into two halves and collecting the moisture also known as the milk from the heart of the peanut."

Yikes!!! Now they are milking peanuts. Cows of the world watch out. And people are claiming this peanut milk has amazing qualities. Supposedly it is a magic peanut elixir. (Peanuts could use a good elixing though) It reportedly not only beefs up sexual stamina but also apparently cures everything from baldness to eczema to helping people who use crutches walk without them.

I don't think it can cure peanut allergies though......

No comments: