Monday, March 2, 2009

Dear Nebulizer....I Love You


Dear Nebulizer,


I just wanted to say... I love you.


I know, I know, you are not the most attractive looking package we have ever seen, but the difference you have made in our lives has been astounding. When you entered our home 5 months ago, I was unsure what to make of your little brown exterior with all those tubes, wires, and funny dragon mask. You were bulky to carry, and awkward to use. I resented that your motor like hum filled the room making it difficult to hear anything else, and that it took all to long for you to need to attach your dragon like mask to my sweet little hacking son.


Then, I thought you were a bad influence on us. In order to make my sweet little thing sit quietly with you plugged into the nearby electric socket, I was forced to bribe him with television and video games I would never have otherwise exposed him to. You brought the Playstation into our home far more often then I would ever have allowed before. Sometimes I felt like we spent half our day hanging out with you, smoke like air coming from the dragon mask the television lights flickering.


As I was filled with anger and annoyance at your intrusion into our lives, I came to a realization. Since you have come into our lives, we have avoided trips to the ER, and oral steroids. You have gotten us through many colds, flu's and late night coughing excursions. You have been there for us when we needed you most. You have helped us where others have failed. Liquid Albuteral, Puffers, Spacers, all had previously been unable to follow through when we needed them most. They let us down just when we were depending on them, and I felt betrayed by their promises. But alas, not you. I don't know what we would do without you, and I can not thank you enough.


So again, dear Nebulizer, I just wanted to say... I love you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how moms can learn to love anything when it helps their children feel better! I have learned to love our "hypoallergenic" yipping dogs, epi-pens, and Benadryl! Great blog!