Friday, September 26, 2008

Food Allergy Video with Linda Coss

My Food Allergy Mom Idol Linda Coss has done it again. She recently appeared on a Southern California TV show to tell the world about her new book "What Else to Eat? The Dairy Free, Egg Free and Nut Free Food Allergy Cookbook".

She also spoke of other aspects of food allergies including cooking, shopping, and general food allergy information. She did a great job to branch out and discuss what it is like to cook with food allergies, and how when sending your child to birthday parties with a cupcake, always make sure it is covered with sprinkles.

My favorite quote relates to peer pressure at birthday parties, and went something like this, "It is not cool to eat it if it causes you to die" (sorry if this is not exact, it was hard to hear with screaming children in the background). Go Linda !!!!!!

So go check it out!!!!

The video is posted on her website at http://www.foodallergybooks.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's my favorite quote, too (and yes, you got it right). The hostess had made an inane comment regarding being at a birthday party, saying "if you want to be cool you have to eat the food." I had been biting my tongue during the entire build-up to that moment (she started by saying something about "when you drop your kid off at a birthday party" -- as if you can just drop a young child with life-threatening food allergies off at a party), and rather than attack the woman I managed to deliver that line with a smile. I was very proud of myself!

And I'm very honored to be your "idol"! :-)

Maria H said...

Hi Linda, I finally got to see this clip in it's entirety tonight and I think you handled yourself really well! I think you're right about the hosts comments, as I had a twinge at those moments too, but ultimately that is the essence of those who "get it" and those who don't. I continue to love your books and promote them to my group in VA and I'm going to blog about your appearance too. Thank you!

Jennifer said...

Linda,

I am so honored that you have visited my blog in person. :)

I love to hear what you were thinking during the interview!! You did a great job.

Jennifer